Spinach, Feta & Pine Nut Filo Pie
A lighter lunch or dinner that doesn’t compromise on taste, our Spinach, Feta & Pine Nut Filo Pie is certainly a crowd pleaser!
k/cals per serving
Frylight Extra Virgin Olive Oil
125g feta cheese, crumbled
60g pine nuts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Handful of dill, roughly chopped (optional)
6 sheets filo pastry
Green salad for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan.
- Put the spinach into a large pan, add 4 tablespoons of water and then heat with the lid on until the spinach has cooked and wilted.
- Drain the water, leave the spinach to cool and then squeeze the excess moisture from it.
- Put the spinach into a bowl with the pine nuts, feta, eggs and dill and mix well.
- Spray a 8” loose bottom tin with Frylight, and then lay over a sheet of filo pastry so the edges hang over the side. Spray Frylight over the pastry sheet, and then lay another over the top. Repeat this until you have used all of the pastry sheets.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the tin, and then fold the overhanging pastry over the top, creating ruffles of pastry on top.
- Spray the top of the pie with Frylight and place into the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and the pastry is nice and crisp.
- Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 5 minutes and then release the bottom of the tin to remove the pie. Cut into slices and serve with a green salad.