Tastefully Vikkie – Beefaroni
Vikkie Richmond of Tastefully Vikkie is a slimming recipe developer, cookbook author, YouTuber and journalist. Vikkie learnt how to cook more healthy meals after attending Slimming World in 2013 in an attempt to lose a bit of weight. She reached her target weight within 6 months and lost 1 and a half stone. Vikkie’s recipes are usually low in sugar and fat and easy to make. Take a look at her You Tube channel or her blog for more tasty, healthy recipes.
Vikkie says “this cheesy, beef macaroni dish is so easy to make and is delicious too.”
Connect with Vikkie:
Tags: family meal, healthy
513 kcals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
1 red onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic minced
500g extra lean beef mince
160g lower fat mature cheddar cheese grated
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
320g dried macaroni
3 tsp Italian seasoning or other Italian type of herbs
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 beef stockpot or stock cube
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni as instructed on the back of the packet then drain and set aside.
- Spray a large deep based frying pan with Frylight and saute the onions and garlic until softened.
- Now add the lean beef, Italian herbs (or similar) and seasoning until the meat has browned.
- Add the tomatoes, passata, Worcestershire sauce and beef stockpot (or stock cube) and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large baking dish, add the pasta, then the beefy tomato mixture and give everything a good stir.
- Evenly sprinkle the grated cheese on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes and serve.