American waffles with crispy bacon and maple syrup
Treat your family to something different at the weekend with this classic American waffle recipe. The sweetness of the waffles and syrup is balanced perfectly with the crispy, salty bacon.
Tags: brunch, weekend, kids, birthday
502 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
250g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp caster sugar
100g butter, melted
10 rashers smoked streaky bacon
Maple syrup, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, eggs, milk and butter with a teaspoon of salt until there are no lumps. Leave to rest for a moment.
- Meanwhile put the bacon in a baking dish and put in the oven for around 10 minutes. When the bacon is nice and crispy, remove and drain on some kitchen paper.
- Roughly chop a couple of slices of the bacon and add to the waffle mixture, reserving the rest for serving with the waffles.
- Spray the waffle maker with Frylight and pour in the batter. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Repeat until the batter is finished.
- Serve waffles with the crispy bacon and drizzle with maple syrup.